Fairfax Water Heater Repair & Installation Services
Servicing Gas & Electric Water Heaters
Your water heater provides a reliable source of hot water for showers, laundry, and other household tasks. Air Treatment Company provides the best water heater services in Northern Virginia, including installation, repair, and maintenance. If you are having trouble with your water heater or want to upgrade to a newer model, our Fairfax water heater pros offer quality products and expert service at a fair price.
Affordable Water Heater Installation
At Air Treatment Company, we offer American-made water heaters from Bradford White. This company is known for supporting the American worker and providing reliable products that are among the best in the industry. All water heaters are installed by our professionally trained Fairfax water heater installation technicians. Let us help you select the right water heater for your home.
We install the following types of water heaters:
- Gas water heaters
- Electric water heaters
- Hybrid heat pump water heaters
- Hot water on demand systems
Contact us today to request a quote for water heater installation in Fairfax, VA!
Come Home to Comfort
with Air Treatment Company
Fairfax Water Heater Repair
If you are experiencing a problem, get in touch with us for quality water heater repair in Fairfax. We fix a range of common problems such as leaking water heaters and a lack of sufficient hot water in your home.
Signs You Need Water Heater Repair
A water heater that is slowly deteriorating, doesn't seem like a huge deal, until you are showering and your water becomes ice cold. Your water heater is working 24/7 to provide hot water to your home and has a lot of stress put on it daily. Below are three signs to look for to know when you need water heater repair in Fairfax.
Your Water Heater May Need to Be Serviced If:
- Irregular Water Temperatures - Have you noticed that your shower or sink water temperatures seem to fluctuate? With fluctuating water temperatures, it's usually a clear sign that something is wrong with your water heater and it needs repair.
- Discolored Water - Your water should never be any other color besides, clear. If you notice your water looks hazy or is coming out with a brownish color, it's possible your water heater has rust and is in need of repair or replacement.
- Strange Noises - You water heater will always make some noise as it is warming of your water. But, if you are hearing loud bangs or clangs, it could be a broken dip tube or the inside of your water heater tank has mineral deposits built up and is making the water heater much nosier.
Can a Leaking Water Heater Be Fixed?
A leaking water heater is one of those situations that drives fear into the hearts of homeowners everywhere, because more often than not, a leak signifies that the water heater needs to be replaced. However, there are some limited situations where a water heater leak is repairable. It all depends on the age of the unit, the severity of the leak, and the cause of the leak.
Here's what you need to remember:
- If the water heater is leaking from the top, you may have an issue with a faulty drain valve or a leaking joint. Thankfully, these issues are usually simple fixes, and can be resolved with either a part replacement or by simply tightening the plumbing connection.
- If the leak is originating from the T&P (temperature and pressure) valve, that could mean that either the valve needs replacement, the thermostat is set too high, or your home's water pressure needs to be reduced. If any of these are the culprit, your water heater does not need replacing.
- If a water heater is leaking from the base of the tank, you will need a new water heater. This type of a leak is caused by corrosion, which cannot be fixed.
A leaking water heater can cause serious property damage if left unchecked, so don't ignore a leak when you see one. Give us a call as soon as possible to have one of our qualified water heater technicians check it out.
How Often Do Water Heaters Need to Be Replaced?
Water heaters are an essential part of many Fairfax homes, providing hot water for showers, cleaning, and so much more. Unfortunately, water heaters don’t last forever and when they break down it can cause a host of problems. Therefore, it’s typically recommended that water heaters be replaced every 10 to 12 years, depending upon a variety of factors including the condition and quality of your water, your home’s water volume demands, and if the system has been maintained over the years.
It is important to have regular maintenance performed on your water heater to help prolong its lifespan and to ensure you are getting the most of your system. However, when it begins showing signs of wear and tear you will likely need to consider a replacement before it causes any major issues.
When to Replace a Water Heater:
- If your water heater is in need of frequent, similar repairs
- If the cost of a repair exceeds the cost of a new unit
- If you no longer have any hot water
- If the water heater struggles to keep up with your hot water needs
- If the tank of the water heater has developed a leak
- If you want a more energy-efficient unit
If you believe it's time for a new system, give our Fairfax water heater replacement pros a call!
At Air Treatment Company, we take pride in offering our customers affordable and reliable services. Check out our current online specials and start saving today!