Servicing Gas & Electric Water Heaters
Your water heater provides a reliable source of hot water for showers, laundry, and other household tasks. Air Treatment Company provides the best water heater services in Northern Virginia, including installation, repair, and maintenance. If you are having trouble with your water heater or want to upgrade to a newer model, our Fairfax water heater pros offer quality products and expert service at a fair price.
Affordable Water Heater Installation
At Air Treatment Company, we offer American-made water heaters from Bradford White. This company is known for supporting the American worker and providing reliable products that are among the best in the industry. All water heaters are installed by our professionally trained Fairfax water heater installation technicians. Let us help you select the right water heater for your home.
We install the following types of water heaters:
- Gas water heaters
- Electric water heaters
- Hybrid heat pump water heaters
- Hot water on demand systems
Upgrade to a Tankless Water Heater for Energy Savings and Convenience
If you're tired of running out of hot water or dealing with high energy bills, it may be time to consider upgrading to a tankless water heater. Unlike traditional water heaters that store and constantly heat a large tank of water, tankless water heaters heat water on demand. This means you'll never run out of hot water again and you'll only be using energy to heat water when you actually need it.
Benefits of tankless water heaters include:
- Energy savings: Tankless water heaters are more energy-efficient than traditional water heaters because they only heat water when it's needed. This can result in significant savings on your monthly energy bills.
- Endless hot water: With a tankless water heater, you'll never have to worry about running out of hot water, even if you have multiple appliances or fixtures using hot water at the same time.
- Space-saving design: Tankless water heaters are compact and can be installed on a wall, freeing up valuable floor space in your home.
- Longer lifespan: Tankless water heaters typically have a longer lifespan than traditional water heaters, lasting up to 20 years or more with proper maintenance.
- Reduced risk of water damage: Since tankless water heaters don't store water, there's no risk of a tank leaking or bursting, which can cause costly water damage to your home.
At Air Treatment Company, we specialize in the installation and maintenance of tankless water heaters. Our experienced technicians can assess your home's hot water needs and recommend the right tankless water heater to fit your budget and lifestyle. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and start enjoying the benefits of a tankless water heater.
If you are experiencing a problem, get in touch with us for quality water heater repair in Fairfax. We fix a range of common problems such as leaking water heaters and a lack of sufficient hot water in your home.
Signs You Need Water Heater Repair
A water heater that is slowly deteriorating, doesn't seem like a huge deal, until you are showering and your water becomes ice cold. Your water heater is working 24/7 to provide hot water to your home and has a lot of stress put on it daily. Below are three signs to look for to know when you need water heater repair in Fairfax.
Your Water Heater May Need to Be Serviced If:
- Irregular Water Temperatures - Have you noticed that your shower or sink water temperatures seem to fluctuate? With fluctuating water temperatures, it's usually a clear sign that something is wrong with your water heater and it needs repair.
- Discolored Water - Your water should never be any other color besides, clear. If you notice your water looks hazy or is coming out with a brownish color, it's possible your water heater has rust and is in need of repair or replacement.
- Strange Noises - You water heater will always make some noise as it is warming of your water. But, if you are hearing loud bangs or clangs, it could be a broken dip tube or the inside of your water heater tank has mineral deposits built up and is making the water heater much nosier.
Can a Leaking Water Heater Be Fixed?
A leaking water heater is one of those situations that drives fear into the hearts of homeowners everywhere, because more often than not, a leak signifies that the water heater needs to be replaced. However, there are some limited situations where a water heater leak is repairable. It all depends on the age of the unit, the severity of the leak, and the cause of the leak.
Here's what you need to remember:
- If the water heater is leaking from the top, you may have an issue with a faulty drain valve or a leaking joint. Thankfully, these issues are usually simple fixes, and can be resolved with either a part replacement or by simply tightening the plumbing connection.
- If the leak is originating from the T&P (temperature and pressure) valve, that could mean that either the valve needs replacement, the thermostat is set too high, or your home's water pressure needs to be reduced. If any of these are the culprit, your water heater does not need replacing.
- If a water heater is leaking from the base of the tank, you will need a new water heater. This type of a leak is caused by corrosion, which cannot be fixed.
A leaking water heater can cause serious property damage if left unchecked, so don't ignore a leak when you see one. Give us a call as soon as possible to have one of our qualified water heater technicians check it out.
How Often Do Water Heaters Need to Be Replaced?
Water heaters are an essential part of many Fairfax homes, providing hot water for showers, cleaning, and so much more. Unfortunately, water heaters don’t last forever and when they break down it can cause a host of problems. Therefore, it’s typically recommended that water heaters be replaced every 10 to 12 years, depending upon a variety of factors including the condition and quality of your water, your home’s water volume demands, and if the system has been maintained over the years.
It is important to have regular maintenance performed on your water heater to help prolong its lifespan and to ensure you are getting the most of your system. However, when it begins showing signs of wear and tear you will likely need to consider a replacement before it causes any major issues.
When to Replace a Water Heater:
- If your water heater is in need of frequent, similar repairs
- If the cost of a repair exceeds the cost of a new unit
- If you no longer have any hot water
- If the water heater struggles to keep up with your hot water needs
- If the tank of the water heater has developed a leak
- If you want a more energy-efficient unit
If you believe it's time for a new system, give our Fairfax water heater replacement pros a call!
At Air Treatment Company, we take pride in offering our customers affordable and reliable services. Check out our current online specials and start saving today!