Virginians know that the summer sun can be very unforgiving. The summer of 2015 looks like it’s going to be another scorcher. Below are some tips on how to beat the heat.
- A ceiling fan can be used as an addition to your existing cooling system. It will help circulate cool air from your air conditioner.
- Wear light colored, loose clothing.
- Clothes that are made out of cotton will keep you cooler than synthetic clothing.
- Avoid drinks that cause dehydration.
- Stay hydrated! Drink plenty of water throughout the day to combat dehydration.
- Steer clear of spicy foods. Eat cold fruit instead.
- Try to exercise in the morning or the evening when it is cooler outside.
- Take cold baths or showers.
- Use a portable fan to stay cool.
Staying cool in the summer is no easy feat. Is your air conditioner giving you more problems than relief from the Virginia heat? If so, turn to the air conditioning experts at Air Treatment Company. Our NATE certified technicians are well versed in installations, repairs and maintenance of your HVAC system. Call (703) 270-0881 today to schedule an appointment.