Do you wish that your furnace was more energy efficient? You don’t have to wish! Below are some tips that will help you make it a reality.
- 1. Often times, people do not insulate their attics. Since heat rises, this can lead to heat loss in your home. To prevent this, have insulation added to your attic.
- 2. If you still have a traditional thermostat, it’s time for an upgrade. Having a programmable thermostat installed in your home allows you to set the temperature of your home in advance.
- 3. Remember to change the air filters in your furnace once a month this winter. Doing so will allow for optimal air flow. That way, your furnace won’t have to work as hard to pump out warm air.
- 4. Warm air from your furnace can literally slip through the cracks in your home. Be sure to seal any leaks that are located near windows and doors. It will let you keep the warm air in your home!
- 5. Inefficiencies in your duct work prevent warm air from reaching its intended destination. Have any holes or tears in your duct work patched up.
We hope that the tips above help you improve the performance and energy efficiency of your furnace. However, if your furnace is on its last legs, a new furnace will be the most energy efficient option for you. Need to have a furnace replacement installed? Turn to Air Treatment Company. Call (703) 270-0881 for all of your heating needs.