During the winter, it is normal for homeowners to be concerned with their heating systems. After all, winters in Virginia can be chilly! Nonetheless, it is important to care for your entire HVAC system year round. Below are some tips that will help you do just that!
- To improve the efficiency and performance, be sure to clean the different parts of your HVAC system.
- Check air filters in your air conditioner and furnace once a month. If the filters are dirty, clean or replace them.
- Perform preventative maintenance on your air conditioner. If you have an outdoor unit, make sure it is covered with a weatherproof material this winter.
- Find out if the refrigerant in your air conditioner needs to be replenished.
- Changing the settings of your thermostat can improve the performance of your HVAC system.
- If you have an outdated thermostat, consider upgrading to a programmable thermostat.
- Have leaks and inefficiencies in your duct work repaired by a professional. It is important to correct these problems immediately.
Winter is the perfect time of year to have your HVAC system maintained. Turn to Air Treatment Company for all of your HVAC needs. Call (703) 270-0881 to schedule maintenance.