Need a new cooling and heating system? Investing in a new air conditioner and a new furnace will cost you a pretty penny. Heat pumps are a more cost-effective option. They keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Below are some tips for buying a heat pump.
- Get a heat pump that is proportionate to the size of your home.
- If you want a heat pump that does not generate a lot of noise, opt for a geothermal heat pump.
- It is important to purchase a heat pump that has a high Heating Seasonal Performance Factor.
- When purchasing a heat pump, don’t forget about your home’s existing ductwork! You may have to have your ducts enlarged to accommodate your new heating system.
- Are you a fan of the “go green” movement? If so, opt for an energy efficient heat pump.
- To save even more energy, choose a heat pump that has a demand-defrost control option.
We hope that these tips help you find the ideal heat pump for your particular home. Fall is the perfect time of year to have a heat pump installed in your home. Don’t wait until you are left out in the cold. Call (703) 270-0881 today to schedule an appointment with our heat pump experts.